Spring Cleaning! This is not only done in our material lives, but also in our spiritual ones! Take stock of your life and see what habits need to change.
* Are you trying to get on a budget and can’t seem to do it?
* Are you trying to quit smoking/drinking or breaking any other bad habit?
* Does that diet never quite seem to get off the ground?
* Are you trying to break that procrastination you may have about starting a new project
* Are you trying to remove negative people from your life?
* Do you doubt yourself sometimes, are you trying to be more self-confident?
There are so many things that we do in life that jeopardize our success. Many of them involve bad habits that we get into that may stand in the way or newer more healthier habits forming. Well, this is the perfect time of year to break out of those bad habits and try to create new and more successful habits. All you need is some time and a little piece of Black Obsidian!
Creating a Black Obsidian Crystal talisman
Need – 1 piece of Black Obsidian, paper and pen
1) Place your Black obsidian in a bowl of Salt Water overnight to cleanse it of ay negative influences.
2) When its cleansed, sit down with your stone and pull out your paper and pen and write down exactly what you want to see happen. Which habit do you want to break? Make your wish clear and specific – remember – start with baby steps first and then you can move up to more complicated requests – here is an example:
* If you are trying to lose weight – instead of saying, “I am trying to lose weight”, pick one bad habit you have and work on that first, “I wish to stop snacking on junk food before bed”, or you can say, “I wish to cut down on the number of deserts I eat during the week” or “I want to stop eating so much fast food and if I have to eat fast food I want to make healthier choices”. Be specific
* If you are trying to stay on a budget – instead of saying “I want to save money and be on budget” try, ” I want to stop spending x dollars on starbucks every week”, or ” I want to cut down the number of times I eat out per month to X instead of Z,” or even, “I want to cut down on the number of ‘impulse shopping purchases’ I make every month”.
* If you are trying to banish a negative person from your life – instead of saying “I want to banish Judy from my life,” you may choose instead, “I want to cut down on the number of times a week I speak with Judy” or even “I want to stop seeing Judy every saturday” or something to that effect.
You get the idea – make it specific – the more specific your request is, the better your chances of success.
3) Once your have your intent clearly stated on paper, hold your cleansed black obsidian stone in your hand. Close your hand over it and focus on the stone. Feel the power of the stone – the blackness of it, how it can remove obstacles, it can help you down those bad habits in the darkness of it and pull them out of your life.
4) Once you feel the power of the stone in your hand, read your intent to yourself or out loud while still holding the stone. Feel the stone now charging to the intent that you have chosen, its energy complimenting yours – slowly and peacefully mixing with yours to help you bring about the changes you selected.
5) Once you feel the stone is charged with your intent you are done! Keep the stone close to you – on your person at all times until you feel your bad habit has been broken.
You can always re-use the stone once its accomplished its goal. Just be sure to cleanse it before you use it and charge it. The salt water is an easy way to cleanse it – but you can also smudge it or use a sage spray on it.
I hope this helps! =)